Before Vance Gilbert built a reputation as one of the wittiest, yet wisest singer/songwriters of the contemporary folk idiom, he paid the rent as a lounge singer, pounding out everything from Top-40 hits to jazz standards. That initial training paid off as he hit the Boston folk music scene running in the early ’90s, winning fans with his musicianship and stage presence as well as his songwriting talents. After building a reputation as an open-mic “ringer,” Shawn Colvin invited Gilbert along on her tour to perform as a special guest. Along with his own lyrical voice, Gilbert’s CDs include guests like Tuck and Patti, Jonatha Brooke, Patty Larkin, Dee Carstensen, Vinx and Jane Siberry. The Vance Gilbert/Ellis Paul duo album Side of the Road was nominated for a 2004 Boston Music Award. His latest release, Unfamiliar Moon, returns to Gilbert’s roots as a songwriter who moves effortlessly from funny to insightful, taking listeners on a music-filled journey.
- Vance Gilbert's Official Site
- Unfamiliar Moon on Amazon.com
- International Bluegrass Music Association
- DirtyLinen No Depression - Free Sample Amaz Records Focus On: Rhonda Vincent Rhonda Vincent Named the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) Female Vocalist of the Year for five consecutive years, Rhonda Vincent is one of the mos
- Anne Heaton website
- Concert Calendar ~ see them LIVE!
- The Greencards website
- Mystic Journey (1996)
- Alice's Restaurant - The Massacree Revisited (1995)
- Pete Seeger & Arlo Guthrie Together in Concert (1975)
- Washington County (1970)
- Running Down the Road (1969)
- Arlo (1968)