In the short time since they formed their band in 2003, The Greencards (Kym Warner-mandolin, Carol Young-bass and Eamon McLoughlin-fiddle) have won the Best New Band award in the 2004 Austin Music Awards contest, been nominated for Best Emerging Talent by the Americana Music Association, and landed a prime spot opening for Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson. The bluegrass musicians learned their craft growing up in Australia and England, countries not known for a focus on American roots music. The birth of The Greencards took place miles away from home ” a recording studio in Austin, TX. Their musical influences range from bluegrass artists Sam Bush and the New Grass Revival to unexpected bands like Tom Petty and AC/DC.
- The Greencards Official Site
- Purchase Weather and Water from Amazon.com
- Timf473 Discussion Board
- Timf473 Road Journal
- Anne Heaton website
- Concert Calendar ~ see them LIVE!
- The Greencards website
- Mystic Journey (1996)
- Alice's Restaurant - The Massacree Revisited (1995)
- Pete Seeger & Arlo Guthrie Together in Concert (1975)
- Washington County (1970)
- Running Down the Road (1969)
- Arlo (1968)